wifi issue. please help

jasonb

Reaction score
I have an issue where when I have my droid and my laptop on wifi at the same time I lose the wifi completely. When I turn of my laptop or disconnect my droid from wifi the other device once again has wifi. I just can't use wifi on both at the same time. Any idea on how to solve this issue?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like a router issue to me. Take a look at your settings, maybe you limited the number of devices that can access it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah this has nothing to do with your droid unit. This has to be a router issue. I use wireless on all computers in my house and I have zero problem using the droid on the same network. I'm usually sitting about 1-2 feet from my computer at all times, and my phone is always right next to me also.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
i didn't think it was a droid issue. my guess is that both devices are trying to use the same exact IP address. but i have no idea how to fix this issue.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i didn't think it was a droid issue. my guess is that both devices are trying to use the same exact IP address. but i have no idea how to fix this issue.

It depends onthe router and PC. Give teh PC a static address will fix that if they are both trying to use the same IP. Maybe he can just turn DHCP on and let the router assign the IP.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
i still have this problem. anybody know whats going on? i also can't have the phone on wifi and have my ps3 on wifi at the same time. anybody know anything about routers?

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
fixed it! did a hard reset on my router and now all is good.