Wifi Is Intermittent, And Video Is Choppy

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by giddyup306, May 30, 2011.

1. giddyup306

giddyup306 New Member

May 29, 2011
    Hi everyone. I've had my droid for about 6 months. So far I love it (with the exception of the keyboard --- it sucks). Here's my problem... I tether my Droid and use it as a modem. When I get a connection, it's okay. But about half the time it doesn't want to connect at all. I tried using several programs, and the one that I found that seems to work the best is Barnacle. I use Ubuntu 10.10, so I haven't been able to find a program that uses anything but wireless. I used to use PDAnet, and I even bought the official version (running XP in a virtual machine). What happens is that I'm either unable to connect, or for some reason, it doesn't see Barnacle as a network. Most of the time I have my Droid sitting on my laptop. Why does it not show the connection when there should be? Sometimes I can't access the net on my Droid itself, but most of the time when I try to check for connectivity on the phone, the pages load without a problem. This is extremely flusterating because rather than using a direct link (which is faster) I have to try and find a torrent for large files in case my connection is severed. I'm pretty sure this is a problem on the Droid's end because I've tried tethering in both Windows and Linux with similar results.

It seems to happen the most around 8 AM and 5 PM. Maybe it's on Verizon's end, but I can still usually access the net on the phone itself.

Also the "high definition" video that this records is grainy as hell. What can I do about that? The iPhone's video is much, much better.

I've searched both issues endlessly without a solution.
Search tags for this page
android wifi streaming choppy
choppy video on phone s4 wifi

choppy wifi

choppy wifi connection with galaxy
how to fix choppy wifi on droid razr
streaming video intermittent with wifi on iphone
why is you tube choppy over wifi
wifi is choppy
wifi signal choppy
youtube choppy wifi