WIFI Hotspot?

Badbird2000

Reaction score
I haven't seen any mention, will the Nexus have a wifi hotspot option? I am looking at getting the wife an IPad 2 (I know, Apple products, bleh! :) We both have the original Droid as of right now, but we are elligible for upgrades in early January (i am eligible now, but she threatened me with harm if i upgraded and left her behind)lol.. If the Nexus can do wifi hotspots, then i will just get the IPad 2 with 32 gb and wifi, not the 3g connection.

Hope this thing comes out soon.. my Droid has been a great phone, but showing it's age..

Creed

Reaction score
Out of the box, it won't unless you pay the extra $30 a month but if you don't mind rooting you can definitely create a mobile hotspot.

Reaction score
I haven't seen any mention, will the Nexus have a wifi hotspot option? I am looking at getting the wife an IPad 2 (I know, Apple products, bleh! :) We both have the original Droid as of right now, but we are elligible for upgrades in early January (i am eligible now, but she threatened me with harm if i upgraded and left her behind)lol.. If the Nexus can do wifi hotspots, then i will just get the IPad 2 with 32 gb and wifi, not the 3g connection.

Hope this thing comes out soon.. my Droid has been a great phone, but showing it's age..

I know nothing about the iPad....HOWEVER, I have an OG Droid that i use as a wifi hotspot for my computer sometimes. ANYWAY...when I bought myself a Kindle, I passed on the 3G version because I thought I could use my phone's hotspot to connect the wifi-only Kindle to the net. This does not work. I don't know how the iPad will work with this, but don't just assume that it's going to work. (You may have already looked into this, so just ignore this if you have) I really regret getting the Wifi-only Kindle now.

mightybrick

Reaction score
I know nothing about the iPad....HOWEVER, I have an OG Droid that i use as a wifi hotspot for my computer sometimes. ANYWAY...when I bought myself a Kindle, I passed on the 3G version because I thought I could use my phone's hotspot to connect the wifi-only Kindle to the net. This does not work. I don't know how the iPad will work with this, but don't just assume that it's going to work. (You may have already looked into this, so just ignore this if you have) I really regret getting the Wifi-only Kindle now.
I believe that is because the Kindle doesn't like ad-hoc wifi networks, which was all the OG Droid could make. The Nexus, however, should be able to create a true mobile hotspot of which any device could make use.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I believe that is because the Kindle doesn't like ad-hoc wifi networks, which was all the OG Droid could make. The Nexus, however, should be able to create a true mobile hotspot of which any device could make use.

That's correct. The newer Android phones can create true hotspots. With the OG Droid, hotspots was an after thought.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Wait....are you saying the Nexus could work with my Kindle? :icon_eek: :icon_ lala: Like I wasn't impatient enough already with the phone's release. Come on Verizon!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Wait....are you saying the Nexus could work with my Kindle? :icon_eek: :icon_ lala: Like I wasn't impatient enough already with the phone's release. Come on Verizon!

Lol yep the Nexus should have absolutely no problems with being a hotspot for your Kindle.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk