Wifi help

umwhockey

Reaction score
So I had a problem with my computer trying to connnect to my home wireless network and all I had to do was delete my modem from the computer and reset it up with the password and I was able to connect. I am having the same problem with my phone trying to connect to Wifi and didn't know how to go about deleating my modem from my phone and then setting it back up again. Any suggestions or help?

captain howdy

Reaction score
Ok here's the problem. I need a program, hack or what ever to help me boost,speed up, accelerate, increase my Wifi download speeds to my phone. No computer involved. I know they have several programs for computers that do this, like cheat engines speed hack.

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have never seen anything like that and I've been developing for a while now.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Ok here's the problem. I need a program, hack or what ever to help me boost,speed up, accelerate, increase my Wifi download speeds to my phone. No computer involved. I know they have several programs for computers that do this, like cheat engines speed hack.
It would be better if you explained what is the problem with your wifi speeds.

I get up to 10Mbytes/sec over WiFi which is about what you can expect from a 802.11n connexion (link speed at 150Mbps). That's on stock.

captain howdy

Reaction score
I have the same set up. But most of the time I am lucky to get 20kbs. Never seen speeds faster. I know the router is set up correctly. The base problem is my ISP comcast. Its slow even my computer hooked up to the cable modem is lucky to see 500kbps. When I use the speed hack for my computer my speed jumps to 3mps.
while searching for a way to speed up my computers wifi I found a game hacking program called cheat engine 6.0 with in it there is a speed hack that allows you to pick any program and boost its speed by as much a 300 to 500% just figured that some programmers out there might have done the same for phones.

Last edited:

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well there are a few apps that can boost your 3g...I'm not sure that it would help though.

captain howdy

Reaction score
albinoman said:
Well there are a few apps that can boost your 3g...I'm not sure that it would help though.

Im not concerned about 3g, there are hundreds of post about 3g/4g and wireless tethering. Perhaps a dev will read this examine how the accelerators/speed boosters for computer work and develop a way to use this tech on the phone.

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not talking about tethering. If you can give me a link to the internet booster I'll look at it.

captain howdy

Reaction score
I got it from " cheat engine. Org. " I found that if I post links the admins delete them. Also I have run several test on the program before and after install. To detect any adware, spybots, malware and viruses. It all came up clean.
I used 4 anti virus programs, avast. Avg, Norton and kersapky.
Also fyi. I found that when I adjust the slider/# in the speed hack. The lower I go the faster the download speeds. I use 0.3 to 0.5 but most instructions tell you the larger the number the faster, guess you will have to play with it.
This is how I use the program. Start a program/download manager ie bitcomet for example, start the download the start cheat engine. In the upper left you will see a tab/icon flashing, click on it and a new window will open like task manager, select the program ie bitcomet/download manager, then the window closes and on the right side check speed hack and set the # then apply. With in a few min speeds go way up. This seems to work for almost any program.

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well, I guess in a fantasy world it happens.

What CheatEngine does is modifies a running program's memory area. “Speed hacks” in it are designed to increase the speed of the program, not the internet, usually by removing NOP cycles and such, or by accelerating timers. It cannot accelerate internet because its speed is regulated by the ISP.

Although, sure. CheatEngine might actually help the torrent client miscalculate speeds. Here's what happens.

The client downloads 50KB per second. CheatEngine comes in and patches the client's memory so it thinks that it wasn't 1 second, but rather, 100 milliseconds. And voila! The counter shows 500KB/sec! While downloading at the same 50KB/sec.

This must sure help a lot.

P.S. I'm a Cisco certified network engineer/administrator, and what you're talking about is impossible to achieve by using memory hacks. Period.

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Gasai Yuno said:
Well, I guess in a fantasy world it happens.

What CheatEngine does is modifies a running program's memory area. “Speed hacks” in it are designed to increase the speed of the program, not the internet, usually by removing NOP cycles and such, or by accelerating timers. It cannot accelerate internet because its speed is regulated by the ISP.

Although, sure. CheatEngine might actually help the torrent client miscalculate speeds. Here's what happens.

The client downloads 50KB per second. CheatEngine comes in and patches the client's memory so it thinks that it wasn't 1 second, but rather, 100 milliseconds. And voila! The counter shows 500KB/sec! While downloading at the same 50KB/sec.

This must sure help a lot.

P.S. I'm a Cisco certified network engineer/administrator, and what you're talking about is impossible to achieve by using memory hacks. Period.

Much better answer then what I was going to say "it will never work"

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
When you tell these people “it will never work” they respond with “you're an idiot and it works for me”.

Unless you explain why, they won't ever believe.

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Gasai Yuno said:
When you tell these people “it will never work” they respond with “you're an idiot and it works for me”.

Unless you explain why, they won't ever believe.

I know...