WiFi fail after 4.5.621 Update

Mule65

Reaction score
WiFi after the update is worst than ever for my POS stock Droid X. Connection lost constantly and hanging browsers. Ironically, my wireless is a Motorola Surfboard which works flawlessly on two Window's PC, two iPod Touches, a Wii and an iPhone 4S. Two years of this BS. Epic Fail. Never again. Buyer beware.

Goodbye Moto!

Last edited:

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Too harsh. Over the past few days, I've noticed the same thing and I haven't taken any updates. I'm still on Froyo.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Mule65

Mule65

Reaction score
It's harsh but that's been my experience and I have no problem sharing it so others may avoid it.

huskur

Reaction score
I agree, to harsh. Thousands of Moto devices on here that connect to wifi and very little issues. I deem yours as a bad unit. (kinda like a car that is deemed lemon) Fact

ricks

Reaction score
Your X is BROKEN... Everything works perfectly on mine. Why bash the X because your phone is broken???:frown:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Your X is BROKEN... Everything works perfectly on mine. Why bash the X because your phone is broken???:frown:

Because that is the nature of society in America my friend. Somebody has one bad experience with one unit, and they've got to go bash the entire line because of it.

Heck dude, why not take it one step further and say all smartphones suck?? Or even further...all cell phones suck??

This is the problem in society. People scream and shout the loudest about the tiniest bad things...but nary a whisper is ever heard of even the most tremendous good.

ShockDoctor7

Reaction score
Because that is the nature of society in America my friend. Somebody has one bad experience with one unit, and they've got to go bash the entire line because of it.

Heck dude, why not take it one step further and say all smartphones suck?? Or even further...all cell phones suck??

This is the problem in society. People scream and shout the loudest about the tiniest bad things...but nary a whisper is ever heard of even the most tremendous good.

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ShockDoctor7

Reaction score
I'm the IT CIO for our company and handle everything from the server to the smart phones for every employee - I maintain, repair, program, root and customize - our employees get to pick any smart phone they like and I set it up, BlackBerry, iPhone, and Droids - My point is that I'm completely exposed to the smart phone market and so my opinions are not based on a single daily phone of my own - that said, it is my opinion that Motorola is the top leading smart phone manufacturer and one of the very best tech contributes the world will ever know. How sad to judge an entity based on a product that's become damaged and that was likely LOVED until it broke! Lastly, I adore my Moto RAZR, fondly remember my old original flip RAZR, and will tell anyone that asks me about my smart phone experiences that the Droid X was my first true love in the Android world - Motorola rules!

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Motorola rules!

Awesome. After really looking at the capabilities of the galaxy nexus versus the moto phones I am entirely blown away with what Motorola is able to do with the platform in both soft and hardware. The webtop, car and other docks, and miscellaneous android features that moto includes puts the bionic and razrs miles ahead of other manufacturers' phones, even the gnex.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ShockDoctor7

Reaction score
I am entirely blown away with what Motorola is able to do with the platform in both soft and hardware. The webtop, car and other docks, and miscellaneous android features that moto includes puts the bionic and razrs miles ahead of other manufacturers' phones, even the gnex.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Very true! I completely agree! My wife has the Bionic....very awesome phone! Motorola sets the bar!

OP
Mule65

Mule65

Reaction score

Just my 2 year user review. I'm not alone.

Natey2

Reaction score
My WiFi works OK under .621
I can't say if it is any better or worse than it was under .605
My Motorola Surfboard (old) is a DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem, not a wireless router. Did they start including a wireless router in it?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The posts in this thread make me LOL

MIUI 2012.2.29

OP
Mule65

Mule65

Reaction score
This guys experience has been almost identical to mine. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. After all the frustration I'm still tempted to try the Razr MAXX but I know better.