Wifi error worked after reset not after restore

brantuck84

Reaction score
Hello all my wifi gives me an error message when I try to turn it on I did a factory reset and that got it working and when I did my restore with titanium it was working but after I turned it off it would not come back on it am rooted with everything Go installed seems like everything has been fine until I installed jrummys romantic toolbox and started changing fonts icons and boot animations I am pretty new to Droid this bionic being my first so any help would be met with great appreciation

HELP PLEASE!!

Last edited:

jp1044

Reaction score
Are you running a custom rom? If not, what OTA are you running? Did you restore wifi settings using titanium backup or another backup app? I know that whenever I restore wifi passwords and settings from an app like titanium backup, my wifi never starts and gives an error.

OP
brantuck84

brantuck84

Reaction score
My ota is the 905 and i use go launchers go backup as well as titanium so if it never works for you after a restore what do you do to get it working again

Last edited:

jp1044

Reaction score
My ota is the 905 and i use go launchers go backup as well as titanium

Did you restore your wifi passwords with go backup? If you need to find out, go into Go Backup, tap restore, tap on the backup you restored from and see if wifi settings is listed there.

OP
brantuck84

brantuck84

Reaction score
Yes got backup did restore them the first time I did a restore then I made another backup without them in it and tried again with no luck. I don't understand it should be normal nothing about the wifi settings should have been changed from original since I didn't back them up and did a reset and restore without them

jp1044

Reaction score
Yes got backup did restore them the first time I did a restore then I made another backup without them in it and tried again with no luck. I don't understand it should be normal nothing about the wifi settings should have been changed from original since I didn't back them up and did a reset and restore without them

Thats your problem. Restoring wifi passwords from go backup never worked for me and I ran into the same issue. Do a factory reset on your phone and then restore everything BUT WIFI PASSWORDS. You will have to re-enter your wifi passwords but it is the only work around I have found that works.

Good Luck!

OP
brantuck84

brantuck84

Reaction score
Hey thanks for your help but what if I don't have any passwords saved in the first place I only free access points and what your talking about doing is what I have done to no avail again thanks for the help maybe someone else has an idea

jp1044

Reaction score
How did you reset? Did you use recovery or settings? And it doesn't matter if you had any wifi passwords saved, it saves what access points you have connected to and remembers them to connect to them again. I would advise a factory reset in recovery if possible. Backup all of your data on the internal storage to a SD card and remove the SD card. Then Follow these Directions:

1. Turn off the phone
2. Hold both Vol up and Vol down keys
3. while holding volume keys, hold power button
4. You should see that Fastboot Menu, use the vol down key to highlight Recovery and use the vol up key to select it
5. Wait for the Android to pop up, then press both volume keys at the same time
6. use the volume keys to highlight "wipe data/factory reset" and select it with the power button
7. scroll down to Yes and select it
8. Wait for it to finish and then select "reboot now"

This should completely clear your data off of your phone.

OP
brantuck84

brantuck84

Reaction score
Hey man thanks for the help i reset it back to factory then restored everything but the wifi info and seems to be working at least now it will activate and deactivate we'll see if it holds up. What I don't understand is why it happened in the first place.? Oh well smart phones do dumb things it seems sometimes

jp1044

Reaction score
Hey man thanks for the help i reset it back to factory then restored everything but the wifi info and seems to be working at least now it will activate and deactivate we'll see if it holds up. What I don't understand is why it happened in the first place.? Oh well smart phones do dumb things it seems sometimes

Great! I hope it keeps working! If you have any other problems, just let me know! Glad I could help!