Wifi doesn't work right

joncann

Reaction score
So I've got a router at home and they've got open wifi at my local college. I connect up to it and everything looks good but it's ridiculously slow. Any idea why?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jchammer123

Reaction score
I believe its the internet speed you have. At my house its fast, at my folks house its slow and they have a slower internet.

Sent from my project elite gingerbread house!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea i can go to class and get 14mb/s down and 16mb/s up. At the crib its 9-10mb/s down and 6-8mb/s up. I think mainly it depends on the network you have your wireless internet with. Rom can mess with the wifi signal sometimes also in which you have to flash back to the stock rom and then re-flash your custom rom again and that should take care of rom caused problems. You also may try a factory data reset (menu/setting/privacy/factory data reset). Hope some of these suggestions can help

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
I believe its the internet speed you have. At my house its fast, at my folks house its slow and they have a slower internet.

Might be the case at school but at home I run my ps3 off the router and it runs flawlessly

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I run my ps3 off my router also and no lag in games or Netflix. Its a "n" router I believe

Sent from my Liberated D2