Wifi doesnt connect

strife1one1

Reaction score
Did a install of eclipse today on my bionic. seems to work great except i can no longer connect to my home wifi network. ive checked all the settings tried doin WPS connect and i just get obtaining IP address...” for a while, then switches to “remembered, secured with WEP” and then switches back to the other and keeps going in that loop. switch back to stock and connects right up. Loaded up Axiom b15 wifi loads right up so its something in the eclipse rom not lettin me connect. Anyone got any ideas?

*edit* just redownloaded and reflashed problem still there. Weird thing during the initial bootup when it gets to the android screen to setup gmail account wifi worked. as soon as it got past that initial set of screens it went back to the above loop.

sloscial

Reaction score
Did a install of eclipse today on my bionic. seems to work great except i can no longer connect to my home wifi network. ive checked all the settings tried doin WPS connect and i just get obtaining IP address...” for a while, then switches to “remembered, secured with WEP” and then switches back to the other and keeps going in that loop. switch back to stock and connects right up. Loaded up Axiom b15 wifi loads right up so its something in the eclipse rom not lettin me connect. Anyone got any ideas?

*edit* just redownloaded and reflashed problem still there. Weird thing during the initial bootup when it gets to the android screen to setup gmail account wifi worked. as soon as it got past that initial set of screens it went back to the above loop.

Any traction with this? I am having the same issue.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Is this Eclipse 2.2 or one of the .904 versions? I'm running .904 v7exp and my WIFI is connecting fine. Did you try going into the Wireless&network settings -> Wi-Fi settings and do a long press on the network name then tell it to "forget"? That has worked for me expecially if the access point is secured with WPA 2.

rlund25

Reaction score
I noticed v3.0 the wifi connect speed sucks i went to speakeasy nad it was a meg a second my wifi is 54 megs. Im wiping and flashing a new rom.

baigley

Reaction score

I had this issue on my home network, but nowhere else.
This is what I changed on my LinkSys router, that is running DD-WRT.

-Changed wireless mode : BG-Mixed
-Use DNSMasq for DHCP: DISABLED
-Use DNSMasq for DNS: DISABLED

These settings made the difference for me, and now I have no issues.
Pretty sure you can leave the wireless mode, and strictly change the DNSMasq settings only.. Worth trying both ways.