Wifi disconnects

deborah3756

Reaction score
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active through AT&T. I notice that my wif-fi will drop in and out intermittently. I use wi-fi instead of AT&T's 4G. Does anybody else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's a frequent issue with many phones and tablets that usually isn't the fault of the phone. I have a link below with several WiFi connection solutions as it comes up so frequently.

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
Talked to Samsung and they said a new updste should be rolling out soon. I hope it fixes this glitch.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
WiFi connectivity at home has been really spotty. Every other device does just fine, MACBook, Nexus 7, iPhone, but the GS4 is spotty getting 1/3 the speed of the other devices.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
How does it work at a public hotspot? No 2 devices, due to driver and chipset differences, react the same to a given WiFi. Spotty issues can be caused by several things in the router config. The good news is that if you get it working for the phone all the other devices will work no worse and possibly better, check the WiFi link in my sig.

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a d'uh moment but, I turned off the mobile data then connected wi-fi again. It's been running smoothly ever since. Should I blush!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Droid Forums