1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Naebue, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Naebue

Naebue New Member

Droid Running:

Rom: Redrum Chaos 1.1
    Kernel: 2.6.29-omap1-P3Droid p3droid@MyDroidWorld #30 (7slot LV 250-1000)
    Baseband C_01.3E.01P
    Theme: Black Ice by Bgill55

Laptop Running:
    Win7 32bit Home Premium
    4gb Ram
    Intel Duo 2.1ghz

Wireless tether for Root Users Settings:
    No Bluetooth
    No WEP
    Channel 01 (2412 MHz)
    EAC Disabled

I can connect to the Wifi Tether for about 30 seconds, but it seems to disconnect randomly for no reason. It says up long enough to do a speed test @ speedtest.net, then it disconnects. Everything on the phone seems to be running great otherwise. Not sure what other information is need to help diagnose this, but ask away :)

Note: I'm currently using dial-up speed through a Samsung Propel on AT&T 2g (aka Edge), so it might be a minute or so after you post that I respond :)

Thank you in advance for all the help!
    ~Eddie
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

When I first tried tethering, mine did the same thing. Now, I use the access control and when I connect, I turn off access control. I'm on a Mac so your situation may be different does Windows treat the tethering the same as wifi?

Mike
  3. Naebue

Naebue New Member

Hmm.... interesting. Windows 7 is treating it as a "home group" connection, which may be were the problem lies... but then again, it might just be me. Normal wifi doesn't show up as a home group connection, but as regular wifi, so I don't know where the problem is in all this.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I've been away from Windows too long -- is there a setting you can disable or enable for wifi and not home groups?

Mike
  5. Naebue

Naebue New Member

Not that I'm aware of. I don't know what's causing it to show up like that in the network connections. I'm at a loss.
Search tags for this page

andriod 2.6.29 wifi disconnected

android wifi connects then disconnects