WiFi Constantly Drops

dp2239a

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a D1 running and an Airport Extreme and Express as my access points, and while I can connect to them, I often have trouble staying connected for extended periods of time, and often times it will take a long time for my network to show up. I live in an apartment building and can see networks from other people with regularity as soon as I turn the WiFi on, but mine usually takes a few minutes to find and connect. The Airports aren't running on N, and I just swapped out the the Extreme for a new one, and this happens with any rom I run. Any ideas?

djp

OP
D

dp2239a

Reaction score
Tried it without encryption, no difference. It still kinda takes a while for it even to even show up, whereas my neighbors pop up right away. After a little bit, I'll take a look at my phone and see it dropped the connection.

I can't tell if I have a bad phone or if it's just not playing nicely with Airports.

floyd

Reaction score
Could be 2.4 ghz frequency overload. I live in nyc apt with 64 access points visible and had similar prob. Use wifi analyzer to find a better channel, or buy a top rated router with signal strength that blows away the neighbors. Droid 1 wifi kinda sucks, after 2 devices experience here. 3g is much more stable.