WIFI Connectivity - CISCO Linksys N-band

pudah

Reaction score
I don't want to tell anyone who has a Droid successfully connected to an N device that their liars, but there really seems to be no good explanation as to why some people can get this to work.

As far as the OP is concerned, switch to mixed mode and you'll be just fine.

For you guys who have Droid+N working, that's awesome. There must be some backwards compatible something in the N spec that lets this happen, because the Droid hardware does not support N. If you ever figure it out, let us know.

Ive been trying to but all I get is people telling me it's not possible. I thought it wasn't possible, but it is connecting. It is connecting only at 54mps, which makes it seem like it's b/g to me, but no other b/g device I has can connect, at any speed, to my N router... only to the a/b/g AP... except the Droid.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive been trying to but all I get is people telling me it's not possible. I thought it wasn't possible, but it is connecting. It is connecting only at 54mps, which makes it seem like it's b/g to me, but no other b/g device I has can connect, at any speed, to my N router... only to the a/b/g AP... except the Droid.

It's it's only connecting at 54mbps, then there's something about the N spec that is throttling back to G.

My best *guess* is that this is something the Draft-N hardware cant do, and was added to the final N spec to guarantee backwards compatibility with B and G hardware. No idea why only the Droid will do it though....

Last edited:
OP
B

billgoco

Reaction score
Well "sports fans".... Router said it is configured for "Mixed mode".

However, I can tell you that even my older work laptop can't connect to this new wireless router puppy and I know that the work laptop doesn't support N-band.

So, something somewhere is amiss.

That said, this isn't a crisis situation for me since I've got GREAT connectivity to Verizon 3G here is Southwest Denver. And, no need to be surfing and talking at the same time anyways....so much for that bogus AT&T commercial. Heck I can hardly walk and chew gum at the same time anyways....

Thanks for the information assists. This is a GREAT forum.:clap:

huskur

Reaction score
Well "sports fans".... Router said it is configured for "Mixed mode".

However, I can tell you that even my older work laptop can't connect to this new wireless router puppy and I know that the work laptop doesn't support N-band.

So, something somewhere is amiss.

That said, this isn't a crisis situation for me since I've got GREAT connectivity to Verizon 3G here is Southwest Denver. And, no need to be surfing and talking at the same time anyways....so much for that bogus AT&T commercial. Heck I can hardly walk and chew gum at the same time anyways....

Thanks for the information assists. This is a GREAT forum.:clap:

The simplest things are always forgotten......do one more thing.....fully power cycle the router and then try to connect. I am 90% sure that will solve the issue. (i had a very similar issue)

pudah

Reaction score
The above is right. On that router you can save and apply settings. Hit save, then apply, then go to the reboot button in the settings and let it reboot. If you still cant connect pull the router power and try a hard reboot. If that doesnt work you may need to configure more settings beyond just having it in Mixed Mode. You may need to set the right frequency. That router lets you choose auto channel and a frequency band of 20/40 or auto. I would put it to auto for both or 20 and a suitable 2.5ghz channel. You may be able to set up different connections for each mode if it has different transmitters. If that is the case you have to be sure you're connecting to the right one and can sometimes assign different SSIDs to each, etc.

Last edited:

magdream

Reaction score
I have the vz fios router that came with the install and I can't connect via wifi. I entered the security number and my phone recognizes the router, but it just won't connect. I've connected elsewhere via wifi, just not at home.

I tried unplugging it, but it didn't help. I do have a notebook connected via wifi, so I don't really know what else to do.

tnx.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
I have the vz fios router that came with the install and I can't connect via wifi. I entered the security number and my phone recognizes the router, but it just won't connect. I've connected elsewhere via wifi, just not at home.

I tried unplugging it, but it didn't help. I do have a notebook connected via wifi, so I don't really know what else to do.

tnx.

I am having the same trouble. Used to be able to connect to wifi before I rooted, but now cannot hook up to it. I can access other non secure wifi in the area but cannot access mine. I have an itouch that is able to access it but not droid. Any ideas?

fbell

Reaction score
I was having the same problem, I turned off the phone and took out the battery and put it back in. It's been hooking up to my lynksys n since.