1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WiFi Connection

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by fireandice, Sep 25, 2010.

1. fireandice

fireandice New Member

1 full week with my Droid and I am still loving it! Have all my email accounts and schedules connected to it, and I found all kinds of fun apps. It's great.

My question is with the 3g connection vs. Wifi. I am just paying for the 3g data plan.. and I know that there is also a $20 charge for WiFi. What is the WiFi charge for that you don't get with the 3g?
    I am trying to upload a youtube and it says it can't do do without a WiFi connection. If I connect to my wireless network (or somewhere else, like the free wifi at the coffee shop) with my phone, will they start charging $20?
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

The $20 charge is to use your phone as a wifi hotspot. You can access wifi with your data plan no problem
  3. fireandice

fireandice New Member

oh, I see! Thanks so much!
Search tags for this page

do i have data charge if i connect to wifi

if you have wifi ate you charged megabytes?

watch it still charged for using wifi