Wifi connection?

Phineas

Reaction score
When attempting to activate Wi-Fi via my router at home, my phone recognizes my open access point, but ultimately fails to connect. It then scans for additional open wireless access points and allows me to connect via my neighbor's router, but not my own, which strikes me as rather odd.

XanRules

Reaction score
I have a D1 and D2G and both connect to my home wifi without any issues:

WPA2
TKIP/AES enabled
WPA Group Re-Key Time = Never
EAP Authentication enabled

Hope this helps.
which of these are router settings and which are phone settings?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Those are all AP (router) settings. Clients (phones/PCs) have no control on the security negotiation and must match up with the AP in order to handshake and negotiate.

XanRules

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to jump into my router settings on the PC, then.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
One of our two d2g's had this issue, even after multiple reboots. It was not router related but seemed to be fixed by removing the motorola wifi-toggle widget from the homescreen. The second phone has yet to bug out like the first one did, even though it's on the stock (2.4.29) firmware. I also updated the troubled phone to 2.4.330 before giving it a really thorough test, so that may have helped, too.

Router settings are G/N mixed, 2.4GHz only, wpa2/AES and, to be clear, both phones are working perfectly now.

I recommend using AES-only mode on your router rather than TKIP/AES. TKIP is a security vulnerability in WPA/WPA2, as I understand.