Wifi Charge Verizon

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jcw265, Oct 5, 2010.

1. jcw265

jcw265 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, if this is in the wrong spot forgive me, I have rooted my droid 2 with ease thanks to all the info here, I have installed the wifi tether app with no issues as well. What I can seem to get a solid answer on is can verizon ( my provider ) charge me for tether ! some say yes they can , some say they can trace usage, some say they cant, on and on it goes , Please can I get a for sure answer on this thread !! thanks for all the great help from you the forum members !!

Jcw265

2. Boardwalk30

Boardwalk30 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you go overboard (10-25+ gig), then yes they will notice you, but people, even on these forums, have gone above 20 gigs with no confirmed reports of Verizon ever charging anybody. I see why however. Example: without tethering, and being in school all day so not doing much except checking news, etc., i rack up 2 gigs a month. I've never tethered enough to push much further than that but you're pretty much safe.

3. killuhjason

killuhjason Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just moved into my new pad and havent gotten cable yet, so ive been tethering my droid 1 for the past month. my billing ends on the 12th, and ive used 14gb so far (lots of hulu and facebook xD)

i dont have any charges pending on my bill, nor have i ever.