Wifi Calls ????

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Does anyone no if they have an app that will let me make calls off of wifi without any 3g service ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Jale

Reaction score
Skype will do that. If there is no cell data connection, it will use WiFi. You can call any other Skype account (provided they're on-line) or, if you buy some Skype credits, you can call any standard phone in the world at a very competitive rate.

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
Skype or any other VoIP app will do that, but if you want to make the calls over wifi and still use your cell phone number I believe it can be done with Google Talk although I haven't tried so I don't know exactly how. I'm sure if you do a quick Google search for something like "wifi calls with google talk" you'll find what you need

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
yea I just have really crapy service and I have wifi with my cable service so if I could use wifi to make calls would be great.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Groove IP works great on my Thunderbolt that hasn't had service since last August!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Natey2

Reaction score
textPlus has a voice (voip) calling feature, fairly recently.
They give you a couple of free minutes to try, then you have to buy additional minutes, or do some other things (e.g. install misc software) to get more minutes.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Thanks I for the info ;)