Wifi bootloop.

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Timberwolf, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Timberwolf

Timberwolf New Member

Today in class I decided to jump on my schools wifi. I used the power widget to turn on wifi. went into settings to select a network and it turned wifi on for 3-5 seconds went to shut it off and restarted my phone. As soon as I get to get to my homescreens it turns wifi on then the same problem occurs again. I am unable to stop the wifi problem and it keeps going to a bootloop basicly. I did a nandroid restore and tried it to see if it was something I had done today. But even with the backup it bootloops. I thinking it could be my kernel. Is this a possibility. I plan on messing with it more when I get home but for now it's boggling my mind.
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

It absolutely could be your kernel. If you don't already have some kernel options on your SD card, you can mount your SD card to the PC via USB in recovery and download them to your SD card that way.
  3. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I don't know the answer but, I can tell you this... besides scripts and images, most all problems get solved via kernel change. This is my observation only. Some phones can't handle 1100Mhz. Some can. If I were you I would try toning it down a bit and installing a Slayher 1000Mhz kernel. Or, p3 or chevy..etc..

My phone can run it and I think I am going to go back to a 1000Mhz just for battery life.
  4. Timberwolf

Timberwolf New Member

Alright, Ive got a few saved on my phone. I'll give one a shot. Thanks guys.
  5. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

To add.. this has been my experience with kernels... when one doesn't work, simply flashing a new one won't work either. When I ran into a kernel issue I had to reload the ROM. A kernel is one thing you can install after a ROM without rebooting.
  6. Timberwolf

Timberwolf New Member

Well I just flashed my slayher LFY 1200 to a P3 1100 and all seems to be going well as of this moment.
Search tags for this page

wifi loop