Wifi and kernal issues

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Meowmix, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Meowmix

Meowmix New Member

So I skip around a lot with differnent roms, bugless, ud, and elite. I usallly use lfy 1.7 kernals, but lately ive been into jfldg kernals. I was playing around with compcache with the newer versions of each of these roms, changing kernals between jdlfg and lfy 1.7. I didnt get compcache to work with out rebooting so i stoped trying. Now my phone will boot a lfy 1.7 kernal but when I use my wifi it just reboots over and over. Jdlfg kernals work great, but thats all i can use now. P3 does the same thing. Ive redownloaded and installed each rom with the same effect on the lfy 1.7. lfy 1.6 didnt work either. Each of these kernals were 1100 and thats what ive always used. Any help would be great!
  2. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Have you tried using wi-fi in more than 1 place? That would confirm I think if it were the router or the kernel at least. I once had some wifi issues after switching kernels but I noticed when I was at work I could connect to wi-fi. So, I tried resetting my router. Didn't work. So, I just unpluged the router for about 10 minutes. Voila! Wi-fi came back on my phone.
  3. Meowmix

Meowmix New Member

I use wifi manager wigit. When I hit to enable wifi, I go int the app and it says do you want to enable wifi and I hit ok then it disables wifi and reboots. When my phone restarts, I un lock then after 10 seconds it reboots again still showing that its turning off wifi. And it will keep doing that untill I flash another kernal, a jdlfg one. My phone never even gets a chance to connect.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App