Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have a Question. I just Purchased 2 Verizon S5's for my wife and daughter last Saturday. I check my daughters S5 last night and WiFi and Data was Running at the Same time. Checked my wife's phone this morning and it is doing the same thing. I know when it is in WiFi the 4G is shaded out. But when I look at both phones both Wifi and 4G are running at the same time. Is there a way to fix this problem.Both phones have not had any software added recently...

Thank You for Your Help!!!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the phone is sending or receiving a photo message via the text app it is normal to see both bright.
Have you tried putting said device in airplane mode then back to regular mode or a reboot? I know my Rezound and Note2 would sometimes look as though both were active when I had the data network turned off but the data network wasn't actually on, just the icon was lit up as if it were. A reboot would solve the bugaboo if airplane on/off didn't.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
If the phone is sending or receiving a photo message via the text app it is normal to see both bright.
Have you tried putting said device in airplane mode then back to regular mode or a reboot? I know my Rezound and Note2 would sometimes look as though both were active when I had the data network turned off but the data network wasn't actually on, just the icon was lit up as if it were. A reboot would solve the bugaboo if airplane on/off didn't.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I know when receiving Text both light up. I will try the airplane mode off and on when I get home.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Try pulling the battery for 10 minutes. let us know if that worked for you.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I would even try pulling out the sim card for a minute as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I found out what it was. It was Verizon's Caller ID that was causing the wifi and Data to run at the same time. It cause both 4G and Wifi to light up at the sametime. You got to remove the Caller ID. Both phone's are working fine now.

RossD

Reaction score
So with 4.4.4 update we are seeing that both will light up, but only WIFI has the arrows blinking. This is said to be part of Voice over LTE (VOLTE).

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
So with 4.4.4 update we are seeing that both will light up, but only WIFI has the arrows blinking. This is said to be part of Voice over LTE (VOLTE).
That problem was before the 4.4.4 update. Both phones are doing fine after the update.