wifi and bt gone

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by bitbuster, Mar 12, 2011.

1. bitbuster

bitbuster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running ss4.6 after upgrading to 5.0 was unstable and 5.1 gave me bootloops. I have ss4.6 with the latest kernel installed and it worked just fine until 2 nights ago when the droid dropped my bt connection. It would show devices but not connect to the. A restore to 4.6 with the previous kernel did not help fixing the problem. So today the phone reboots by itself and after that the wifi is gone too. System settings shows an error under the wifi tab. Power cycling did not help. Is my phone about to die?

Any suggestions what I can do to fix this? It was working just fine with 4.6 for weeks without any issues whatsoever.

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    So the apps are no longer present?

When going from 4.6 to 5.x - did you wipe? If not that would definitely give you serious fits - going from Froyo -> GB without a wipe is almost certain to fail.

3. bitbuster

bitbuster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no, the apps are there, just stopped working.

however, i have since upgraded to 5.1 after a wipe and my wifi works again, however the bt is not connecting to anything anymore at all. it either doesnt show any devices or if it finds them, it wont connect.

any thoughts?

4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hmmm, I don't know why BT isn't working - it is working for me just fine. Try to get a logcat when enabling BT - is it turning on, just not finding anything?