WiFi/4G Question

deborah3756

Reaction score
When I'm connected to wifi does it override use of 4G and Verizon's data?

I'm on my 3rd Bionic and this phone drops 4G like the others even after the. 905 update. So, I bought a laptop, thinking of weening myself away from big red and, had my cable company set up wifi.

I'm going to give Verizon another chance and go with the new Galaxy and leaving Motorola in the dust. If it weren't for connectivity problems I would love this phone :-/

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Regulator

Reaction score
Yes it uses wifi only when connected. However i strongly recommend you install the ICS leak or wait untill official release. All data connection issues have been resolved in ics

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Ics leak? What is that? How do I do it? I am always going in and out of 4g, I can't stand it!

Regulator

Reaction score
Ice cream sandwich? I'm so lost...

Watch this but do not install unntil your completely comfortable with the process inclUding returning to gb.

[video=youtube;aC7VijOUXqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC7VijOUXqM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Ok so this ics thing is supposed to help with my internet connection? I always thought I was pretty good using electronics but i'm a bit nervous doing this. It said I need version 902 but I have 905, there is a video to change that but I don't even have the program on my computer to do it. I'm surprised at my ignorance... Lol

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Is VZW going to put this out as an automatic update soon? Or will I need to do this in order to have it?

Regulator

Reaction score
Ok so this ics thing is supposed to help with my internet connection? I always thought I was pretty good using electronics but i'm a bit nervous doing this. It said I need version 902 but I have 905, there is a video to change that but I don't even have the program on my computer to do it. I'm surprised at my ignorance... Lol

If ur on stock unrooted .905 then your ready to go. Motorola is currently testing
This build with the intent to officially release it soon. RSD lite and the .902 fxz are easy to find. Those two items are so that you can easily return to stock to accept the official update when it comes out.

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Ok so I can just do the stuff to get the ics now... I felt a little more confident about that part. I think I'll try it!

Regulator

Reaction score
Ok so I can just do the stuff to get the ics now... I felt a little more confident about that part. I think I'll try it!

Yes you can technically just download the .2233 leak, boot into recovery and flash it then you will be on the test build(which is very stable). Now i would recommend rooting the phone first on .905 to create a back up. Then using rsd light, fxz back to .902 ota update to .905 then flash ics. Your phone will be completely blank but you well still have your stock back up. You need to make sure you can fxz back before you flash ics, because in the future when the official release happens, you will need to be back on .905 to take it.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
This community is super helpful and usually pretty quick to respond if you do accidentally mess something up. When I first came here I had no idea how to do anything when it came to any of this technical stuff and now I've got it on lockdown. So if you want to try it and run into a snag, just post on here and we can get you all sorted out. :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so this ics thing is supposed to help with my internet connection?

While it should help, it may do nothing towards improving internet connection. Some of the problem lies in location. I live in San Diego, which was one of the first cities to get 4G. I live in a valley so any data connection is spotty at best, but a mile away 4G is rock solid. This is a case of YMMV.

Is VZW going to put this out as an automatic update soon?

The last information for OTA is Q3, which is from July to September.

There's more info on ICS at Android - Introducing Ice Cream Sandwich BTW, Google names their operating systems after desserts, so you have Cupcake, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb (used for tablets), and Ice Cream Sandwich. My OG Droid went from Eclair to Froyo. If you have a PC this is like going to a whole new operating system, not just updates.

For the record, I did the manual update from Eclair to Froyo on my OG Droid, but it wasn't a leaked version.

Last edited:

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Vepaot said:
This community is super helpful and usually pretty quick to respond if you do accidentally mess something up. When I first came here I had no idea how to do anything when it came to any of this technical stuff and now I've got it on lockdown. So if you want to try it and run into a snag, just post on here and we can get you all sorted out. :)

The problem is I don't know what most of these things mean, like fxz, flash, I don't know what they mean or how to do them. I wish I knew someone in my area that could do the ics for me...