Wifes screen is real dark

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I bought my wife her Thunderbolt not even 6 months ago. She came home from work today with her screen so dark its hard to see it. I checked all the brightness settings and they all seem fine. What else could the issue be? Im hesitant to call Verizon rightaway because I have a feeling they will just want to send me a replacement, and I really dont want to pay the $50 fee for a phone I just bought a few months ago.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Setting the brightness to manual and putting it at 100% doesn't change anything? Have you restarted the phone?

JRParsons

Reaction score
If the restart doesn't work, you could try a hard reset. If that still doesn't work then it will probably need to be replaced. If it's under a year old it is covered by the manufacturers warranty, and there should be no charge.
If your happy with it otherwise, I suggest trying to avoid getting the replacement, they are refurbs and many times are defective.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

slayer621

Reaction score
Searching Google for something else, I stumbled on this. The exact same thing happened to my girlfriends D2G. Except the cause was me dropping it on cement :redface:. I would guess the internal backlight broke.