Wife's droid 2 bootloader??

s10rodder

Reaction score
Alright guys, really need some help, my wifes droid2, booted up today after the battery had died and recharged, into a black screen that says something like "bootloader d2.37 battery ok, ok to program". Can't seem to make it do anything but that...tried a battery pull couple times, nothing! Can't afford new phone...please help if its possible... thanks. :*(

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Power on by holding power and x. Hold until a triangle with a! Appears. Then hit the search button on the keyboard (not phone). Do a data wipe by scrolling with the volume keys and enter with the camera button. If this does not work, you'll need to sbf. I'll be happy to walk you through it. PM me and I'll give you my number. You can call and ill talk you through. You'll need a program called rsd lite 4.9, put that on your computer. You'll need the d2 full sbf file. It will be a zip, so extract it to the desktop. You'll also need the latest motorola drivers from the moto site.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's one I've never heard of. Is her phone stock or rooted?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-2-discussion/5323-tbh-mydroidworld-present-droid-2-2-3-20-triple-threat.html

Get all the stuff from here. I recommend searching sbf how to on youtube

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
s10rodder

s10rodder

Reaction score
It is rooted...is that a good thing or bad?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is rooted...is that a good thing or bad?

Actuallly it's probably good. But the reason I asked was I wanted to get you in the correct forum. Follow the advice above, I think it sounds good.