Wife's cell phone gps location.

spinemechanic

Reaction score
Is there a way to track my wife's cell phone location with google maps, or any other free app?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

wseyller

Reaction score
I once knew of one on a windows mobile phone i once had. In the app you would input a special code word. Then you text that special code to that phone and it would then get its google map gps location (or nearest cell tower location), take a picture and then email the data. It worked good and would work in the background.

Also for Android you have "Lookout Mobile Security". You create an account on the website with the phone registered to the account. You can then log in to the site at anytime and locate the phone.

Gattaca

Reaction score
Lookout works. I prefer Seek Droid. I had both and found Seek Droid to be more accurate.

wseyller

Reaction score
Seekdroid is pretty sweet. I just got it. Cost 0.99 but that is cheap. Once you install you register username/password on phone. Setup a couple preferences, then all you do is go to seekdroid.com to use.

Features I noticed.

Ability to delete phone and/or sdcard data from website.

Sound alarm with custom message.

Show recent incoming and outgoing calls (does not show time or length of calls)

You can hide/unhide the Seekdroid app on the phone from the website. Requires reboot of the phone. Good if you put it on your wifes phone but don't want her to know it's there.

You can lock the phone from the website and provide a new lock code.

Edit: The hide feature only hides the app from the app drawer it seems

Last edited:

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
+1 for Seek Droid. And just to add a feature..the GPS does not have be active to use it. It will turn it on when it needs it. There is also Prey...It's free and pretty close to the same features as Seek Droid plus it works with laptops as well! I might be switching to that. I use them in case I loose my phone or if it's stolen...Guess they would work for stalking too.. :icon_eek:

warped1987

Reaction score
Am I seriously the only one here being judgemental here and thinking, if you have to track your wife you should probably get a divorce? Lol, sorry, im a little drunk, just being honest

droidlady05

Reaction score
Am I seriously the only one here being judgemental here and thinking, if you have to track your wife you should probably get a divorce? Lol, sorry, im a little drunk, just being honest

Warped, I second that opinion!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

warped1987

Reaction score
Ok, thank god its not just me, lol. I could see wanting to maybe sneak it in on your kids phones, but not your wifes, that's like saying: B***h I know you's cheatin' on me!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Lol maybe he wants proof for the divorce.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Latitude is the way to go. You mutually agree to let each other know where you are, or you can disable it. You can also show that you are at a location different from where you are. Just a matter of trust.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I seriously the only one here being judgemental here and thinking, if you have to track your wife you should probably get a divorce?
No. That opinion always pops up in threads like this. Pretty much any "Am I the only...?" question has an answer of "no". Do you really think you're the only person in the world (6+ billion people) with a given opinion?