Wierd undocumented Icon

wskyhotel

Reaction score
Recently, when I turn off my Bionic (sound off), it comes back on strange. When I power it on, it beeps as if the sound has been turned on. And there is a wierd Icon that is not listed in the manual. It is on the status bar, in place of the silent/vibrate Icon. It looks like a bell with a not-sign in the lower right corner. Any ideas? If I silence the phone fm the screen and go back to sound, it re-appears. To clear it, I have to go into settings and then sound, then back out, and it is gone.

I never user just silent, always silent/vibrate. I tried putting it in just silent, and there it was. the bell with the not-sign. Now I know what it is, but it still is NOT in the manual.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It might be easier if we could see what it looks like. I suggest you get the free app Screen Grabber. It allows you to take screenshots without rooting. Just uncheck "Requires root access" in the Advance Settings.

It sounds like the "Silent" symbol, at least, that's what I see when I go to silent.

View attachment 48893

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A bell? It might be an alarm reminder.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ripper2860

Reaction score
The "bell w/ circle/slash" icon denotes SOUND OFF with no VIBRATE.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
confirmed... the icon is sound off/no vibrate... the icon is listed on your chart... but it's oriented wrong... second from the bottom on the left hand side... the reason why it is coming on when you start up your phone is probably an app installed that has to do with notifications... i dunno what app it would be but i had this happen before when i used battery managers and task managers in the past... now i don't use any apps that control my phones performance and it doesn't happen to me anymore... you can also kill that icon by tapping the volume rocker up or down