wierd market issue

pehrsam

Reaction score
I have the Droid 1 with UD 2.5 installed. I had an app installed on it called Total Connect prior to updating to UD 2.5. After the install there was no trace of the total connect app. The wierd part is that Market will not display it for me. But I can find it on any other droid that I try. What could be blocking it from my phone?

D

dankarlinski

it could be the market itself. there is some kind of link between some apps and what carrier you are on. there is software to fix that, but i do not remember the name

OP
P

pehrsam

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply, but thats not it. I have other droids on the same carrier that have no problem seeing the app. I have tried other means of installing the app, but they all refer back to market, which claims that it can not find the app when searching for it with this particular phone. On the other phones, the app comes right up....I said this was wierd..:}

AFX

Reaction score
I had the same issue upon installing 2.5, and I've heard this from a few others as well.

What I had to do was revert to 2.4, use Root Explorer to copy the APKs to my SD Card, reinstall 2.5 and manually install the apps from there.

TexasRules777

Reaction score
Totally thought i was the only one..had nba league pass and the paid key for astro player nova and with a fresh wipe and install of 2.5 those apps are gone. They aren't in the market and gone from my rom. I had to revert to a back up 2.3 rom and just flash 2.5 over it. Wonder what's wrong with vending apk that is blocking these apps from showing up?

OP
P

pehrsam

Reaction score
reverted back to 2.4 and problem is solved. I think will just stay with 2.4 until another update after 2.5. Thanks for your help everyone.