Widgets on the lock screen

mattbuds

Reaction score
The easiest way to take a screenshot in my opinion is to root your phone. I used a 1 click app called easy root, once you install that it gives you the oppurtunity to install Drocap2 which has worked great for me for taking screenshots. If you want to do anything with your rooted phone like rename bloatware you will need a program like Root Explorer.
Hipe this helps
aecd5d7e-5d05-a9f2.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rboutin2

Reaction score
its supposed to sit at the dos window for a bit. it takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 30 seconds for it to pop up. Did you do the update with the sdksetup.exe program? Mine just sat there like that until i got it all updated.

ffej89

Reaction score
The easiest way to take a screenshot in my opinion is to root your phone. I used a 1 click app called easy root, once you install that it gives you the oppurtunity to install Drocap2 which has worked great for me for taking screenshots. If you want to do anything with your rooted phone like rename bloatware you will need a program like Root Explorer.
Hipe this helps
aecd5d7e-5d05-a9f2.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Matt i would love to be rooted but i updated my Evo to 2.2 and the only way to root is very complex right now. I admit i am not as tech savvy as i would like to be so for me thats not an option...yet

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
its supposed to sit at the dos window for a bit. it takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 30 seconds for it to pop up. Did you do the update with the sdksetup.exe program? Mine just sat there like that until i got it all updated.

I ran the sdksetup with the Accept All setting and it took a while to download everything. I don't see anything about an update. Here the dddms DOS window flashes on for about a half a second. I can't even read what it says before it's gone.

ffej89

Reaction score
Phil i know we must be missing something. I'm in the same spot. Maybe a mod will come across and turn the light on for us lol

rboutin2

Reaction score
well mine just worked after I did the downloading and installing. Sorry I cant help ya anymore after that.

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I wonder if there's something special to do with 64bit CPUs, I have a 64bit Core 2 Quad. 32bit should also work though.

mattbuds

Reaction score
Sorry FF, didnt know. I rooted with 2.1 then loaded the leaked 2.2 but I have an X, didnt realize there was that much difference. This is my first Droid machine...

ffej89

Reaction score
Sorry FF, didnt know. I rooted with 2.1 then loaded the leaked 2.2 but I have an X, didnt realize there was that much difference. This is my first Droid machine...

Yea i wish i would have rooted 2.1 too. I waited so i would have the official froyo and now the root process involves going back to 2.1 then rooting. If i do it and have any issues i'd be lost with only myself to blame lol

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Is this possible? It would be really nice to put a battery widget on there like the iPhone so you can see how far along it is when charging without having to unlock it every time.

I know your question is answered and you are using WidgetLocker but Executive Assistant is also a good lock screen that you can add widgets to...

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Thanks, I've been to that site before but hadn't registered, I had to do that to see the pics, so I used you as my referrer. :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks, I've been to that site before but hadn't registered, I had to do that to see the pics, so I used you as my referrer. :)

I hope you stop in often now that you are registered! ;)