Widgets on the lock screen

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Is this possible? It would be really nice to put a battery widget on there like the iPhone so you can see how far along it is when charging without having to unlock it every time.

harrellj

Reaction score
Widgetlocker.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Thanks, I just noticed that it does say "Charging 90%" or whatever amount, but a widget will still be better, I'll look at that.

Last edited:

rboutin2

Reaction score
+2 for widgetlocker. I too love this app. found it like 4 days ago, have the sense UI unlock screen with 4 custom sliders. Love it. Oh, and btw, the best battery widget in my opinion is battery left widget. Once it's done calibrating, it show ur battery level so perfectly accurate, and it tells you the exct time its gna die.

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Love it. Oh, and btw, the best battery widget in my opinion is battery left widget. Once it's done calibrating, it show ur battery level so perfectly accurate, and it tells you the exct time its gna die.

Thanks for that I'm using battery status now which looks nice but seems buggy.

rboutin2

Reaction score
Love it. Oh, and btw, the best battery widget in my opinion is battery left widget. Once it's done calibrating, it show ur battery level so perfectly accurate, and it tells you the exct time its gna die.

Thanks for that I'm using battery status now which looks nice but seems buggy.

Here is my lock screen as it stands now. Also, you can see my battery meter widget, it normally displays the time it is going to die instead of the lightning bolt. (it was charging)

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
[Here is my lock screen as it stands now. Also, you can see my battery meter widget, it normally displays the time it is going to die instead of the lightning bolt. (it was charging)

BTW I don't mean to go too far off topic, but how did you take the screenshot?

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Hmm, no luck, the ddms.bat file just opens a DOS window for a half second and then nothing.

ffej89

Reaction score
Hmm, no luck, the ddms.bat file just opens a DOS window for a half second and then nothing.

I have the exact same issue right now.
2 days loading, unloading applying and reapplying and still no luck

Last edited:

rboutin2

Reaction score
it will take several charge/discharge cycles for itto calibrate. I think i've been through like 5-6 cycles, and it still only at 95 out of 100. It helps if you run the phone completely dwon before you recharge. As for the screenshots, that is a bit more complicated. but if you really wana do it, just follow these steps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

How to take screenshots on the Motorola DROID X - Know Your Cell

OP
P

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Sadly after a ton of installing, ddms.bat still just flashes a DOS window and nothing else. Maybe after a reboot or something.