Widgets not loading after boot?

BigI

Reaction score
So this is the first time I have experienced this. After a reboot my widgets will appear but not display correctly. For example the power control widget doesnt show and icons just a black box. Beautiful Widgets wont load my skin, SetCPU doesnt displan any information. The only one that does work is Pure Calender Widget.

Also whats weird is I cant get my phone to connect via USB. It registers but it wont mount.

If anyone could help me at all I would greatly appreciate it. :)

borq646

Reaction score
Go to applications management and see if the apps with widgets are installed on the SD card. If they are, move them to phone. Then reboot or unmount/remount the SD card.

After that, set up your widgets and they should stay. If apps with widgets are installed on the SD card the "break".

queensoft

Reaction score
I have a similar problem, but with a twist.

Phone: PG P500 Optimus One

Apps:
- Battery Solo Widget - I go to Settings > Applications > Battery Solo Widget - there's a grayed out button that says 'Move to SD card', so I guesss app is in phone memory
- Gauge Battery Widget - same as above, so, again, I think app is in phone memory
- Calendar - default Android calendar app, this one has got to be in phone memory
- Alarm clock - default Android Alarm Clock, again, must be in phone memory

Problem: connect phone using USB cable, turn on USB file copy (usual warning saying 'apps wil not work while...'), copy some files to SD card, eject phone from computer, turn off USB file copy, go back to home screens.
The above apps are gone - "Problem loading widget".
Reboot phone, same thing, widgets still not loading.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

PS: Just did a quick test with Gauge Battery Widget. Installed to phone memory, same problem occurs.