Widgets freezing, stop working...

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I've noticed certain minor issues with widgets freezing and stop working after a couple clicks. For instance my flashlight widget would work for a couple clicks and then it wouldn't turn on. Same with another app. It's as if the widget was just a picture on the screen without a file attached to it.
I'm not running a third party task killer, but I read somewhere that it might be related to the system's task killer ending the program and thereby stopping the widget in the process. But I can't find any system task killer in ICS 4.0.4.
Anyone have this issue, know how to fix it, or know where the system task killer is?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
They took the task killer out with the ICS.

Have you tried doing a hard reset lately? Press the volume button then the power button for 10 seconds and see if you still have the problem.

Were those widgets there prior to ICS? If so I would remove them and add them back to see if that helps as well.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Which widgets? Please be specific. It might be helpful.
I have not had any problems. I use Tesla for the torch. Other than widget locker, I don't really use any others that I can think of.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I've had this happen a couple times with At Bat Lite's scoreboard widget. To fix it, I kill the At Bat process if it's running, delete the widget from the desktop, and add it again.