Widgets dont show in widget drawer for a while?

gerrya

Reaction score
Ive noticed that if I download an app that has a widget, when I go to the add widget screen its not there for a while, sometimes hours? Anyone notice this. Happened with Sportacular, ESPN and Weather Bug so far.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did not notice this, just downloaded Score Center and the widgets showed up right away. Not sure what would cause this.

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
I downloaded "Battery Solo Widget" and it did not show up in widgets or apps. I had less patience than you, so I rebooted the phone within 10 minutes of downloading the widget. The widget was there after a reboot. I don't know much about the composition/installation of apps in Android, but maybe different installer packages do the widget installs differently? Like maybe the "good" ones properly notify the system of the newly available widget and the "bad" ones expect the system to find it itself? I dunno...it is frustrating though, even though it's only happened with one widget for me.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
I've noticed this with every single widget I've downloaded. It never happens with apps, just widgets. Apparently, it only affects certain phones. A reboot always makes the widget appear. I contacted HTC about it. Below is the correspondence.

My email:

There is a bug in the Rezound software. Whenever a wiget is downloaded to the phone via the Android Market, it doesn't show up in the list of wigets until the phone is rebooted. This is NOT unique to my specific phone, but all Rezounds.

Their response:

Dear RH,

Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC about the HTC Rezound, RH.

We appreciate your feedback about the Rezound. Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce the issue on our lab devices. Each attempt to download applications and place the widget on the home screen without first performing a soft reset was successful.

If you are experiencing this issue and you have a task killer installed on your device, we suggest to remove it as these may interfere with the basic functions of your phone.

Next, perform a soft reset on the device by taking out the battery and waiting for 30 seconds before powering back on.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Keep in mind that we are here to answer any technical questions or concerns you may have between 6am to 1am EDST, 7 days a week for your convenience, or by phone at 1-866-449-8358.

Sincerely,

Tara

HTC

Schimm

Reaction score
I've got the same problem.

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk

Schimm

Reaction score
New phone and no problem anymore.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk