Widgets and Trash Can

Elaine1121

Reaction score
Greetings,

I just got my new Droid yesterday and have already lost my Widgets and don't know where the find them. Oh and where is the trash because I dragged something to the trash by mistake.

-Elaine

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
!!! Welcome Elaine to DroidForums !!!

Not sure how you lost your widgets, but if you go look in the FAQ section of the forum, I am sure you will find many answers to your questions.

The Trash Can, is also the tab that lets you bring up all your applications. It turns to a trash can (you will see the icon change) when you press and hold on a widget. This allows you to drag a widget into the trash can. You can also use this press and hold feature to drag widgets from one home screen to another.

I hope this helps you. And we hope you enjoy your time in the Forums !!!

OP
Elaine1121

Elaine1121

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to check out the FAQs.

Dan_Droid

Reaction score
Hi Elaine, and congratulations on your Droid purchase :)

You can add any widgets to your home screen by long-clicking on your desktop. A menu will popup after a second or two. When it does, just select "widgets" and you will be presented with all of the widgets available on your phone. Select one to add it to your desktop.

There isn't really a "trash" on the droid. If you remove something from the desktop you can usually just add it again by repeating the procedure above. Nothing ever gets permanently deleted unless you uninstall it.

Hope that helps.

OP
Elaine1121

Elaine1121

Reaction score
This is very helpful. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. All the best.

Elaine