widgets and shortcuts

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may be more of an Android question rather than an X question, but I'll throw it out there.

With the D1 and running LauncherPro,I had an option to select "Direct Dial" which I think was under "Sortcuts" after long pressing the home screen. I could then select a contact and a specific number for that contact which would leave an icon of the contact's pic and when clicked, would dial that number.

Now in the X I don't see the direct dial option anywhere and the only reason I have the ones I do, are TiBu restores but now I want a couple more. Do I have any option for a direct dial shortcut anymore? is it LP issue?

Thanks!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If you are still using LPP, I dont see whay you cant add any new ones...I have a whole screen dedicated to Direct Dial contacts..

Click anywhere on an open homescreen---->Select Shortcut---->Scroll down the options until you see Direct Dial, select it---->scroll through your contacts and select the one you want to make a Direct Dial...

Edited to add...if you are still stock and not using LPP, then you can use the MotoBlur Contacts Quick Task Widget to do the same thing...

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are still using LPP, I dont see whay you cant add any new ones...I have a whole screen dedicated to Direct Dial contacts..

Click anywhere on an open homescreen---->Select Shortcut---->Scroll down the options until you see Direct Dial, select it---->scroll through your contacts and select the one you want to make a Direct Dial...

Edited to add...if you are still stock and not using LPP, then you can use the MotoBlur Contacts Quick Task Widget to do the same thing...

That's why I'm wondering it it's a version/ROM thing because the option is just not there (see attached) and I'm currently running stock ROM rooted.

Pretty hung up on LPP, just has the set ups I need/like.