WidgetLocker Mods

stragabenz

Reaction score
I'm trying to mod the widgetlocker app to put custom sliders. I have been following the directions from
HTML:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825553
but I'm having some issues. I have tried using Root explorer and Ninjamorph to copy over the custom sliders but it still wont change. If I use ninjamorph widgetlocker will just forceclose and when I use Root Explorer nothing happens when I overwrite it, the .png stays the same.

I'm sure this is user error and not UD 3.0 related but can anyone help me figure this out?

parker34

Reaction score
I'm trying to mod the widgetlocker app to put custom sliders. I have been following the directions from
HTML:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825553
but I'm having some issues. I have tried using Root explorer and Ninjamorph to copy over the custom sliders but it still wont change. If I use ninjamorph widgetlocker will just forceclose and when I use Root Explorer nothing happens when I overwrite it, the .png stays the same.

I'm sure this is user error and not UD 3.0 related but can anyone help me figure this out?

I haven't tried the ninjamorph way but the root explorer method does not work for me either. Apparently, widgetlocker is close to being updated and is going to better support more lock bars so if you can wait i would just hold out. :)
Edit: I read in the Screenshot thread that it is currently in beta testing

OP
stragabenz

stragabenz

Reaction score
good to know thanks but I couldn't wait any more I did some digging and found this post it worked like a charm for anyone having problems.

Originally Posted by *Luke*
Forgive me if this has been covered already, but I searched this thread to no avail...

I bumped into an easy way to do everything right from the phone using root explorer (my explorer of choice... as long as you have one that will let you sbrowse/edit the data file, that should work just fine), ninjamorph, an app called Zipsigner (available for free in the market) and ES Explorer (also available for free in the market and is required by Zipsigner for it to work)

This is what I did:

-Using root explorer, navigate to /data/app and copy the original apk file to your sdcard... I put it in a seperate folder.

-Ninjamorph the copied file, not the original

-after finishing the project, open Zipsigner. For line one, chose the file you just ninjamorphed... the second line promts you to "save as"... save it directly to the sd card (/sdcard/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker-1.apk) it should then go through a quick progress bar screen and tell you it was signed successfully.

-using an app-uninstaller of your choice, uninstall the original widgetlocker apk.

-using root explorer, navigate to the folder on your sdcard where you saved the unsigned ninjamorph version and delete that as well... you should be left with only the signed version directly on the sdcard.

-navigate to the signed version in root explorer and tap the signed apk... it will prompt you to install view or cancel... click install, click ok, and it should tell you the app was installed.

-delete the signed version you created from your sdcard as it was installed to the /data/app folder

That's it =) should take you only a few minutes after you get the hang of it =) again, my apologies if this was covered, but I didn't see a method of doing everything right from the phone... if this hasn't been covered yet, hopefully it will help some of you out who are having issues =)

xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD][GUIDE] WidgetLocker Mods | Custom Lockscreens | Updated 21 Dec!