1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Widget to set brightness from low to auto

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by tu3218, May 30, 2010.

1. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows of a widget that will allow me to set my screens brightness from a low setting(~20% or if it's customizable to users preference) to the auto setting that adjusts with the lighting around the phone. So when I know I'm inside for awhile I can keep it at low then when I go out I can flip it back to the auto setting so it can adjust depending on the light is outside or where ever I am. I know beautiful widgets can do something like this but it goes to 100% an I don't want that all the time cause it would waste battery. Anyone know of anything like this or possibly develop a widget for this.
  2. dakoop

dakoop New Member

Second that!
  3. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

how much more does it waste battery if is on auto all the time
  4. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I'm not sure but I know people like to keep it at the lowest setting, that's why there is a widget for such a reason from beautiful widgets. So there must be some battery saving from keeping it at that level. Brightness has a big effect on battery life.
Search tags for this page

beautiful widgets brightness settings