Widget Menu Bug

cbroussard99

Reaction score
I'm on ICS. 215 non rooted using Google Launcher and this what my widget menu looks like? How do I fix this so I don't have to memorize icons with a description?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, this is one of the bugs that needs to be fixed with ICS... white text on a white background does not show up too well. If you glide your finger over any of the widget text areas on the list, it will highlight the text so you can see what it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I'm so glad that Nova fixed that on their launcher! That used to bother me. It was one of the reasons that I originally rooted (to get the widgets in the app tray - I hear it isn't necessary anymore though).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, Nova launcher is the one launcher that has addressed this. I don't quite understand why other launchers have not included this fix yet. Maybe they're waiting for the ICS updates to fix it???

I rooted also to have my widgets available in the app drawer but I don't think that is possible with non-stock launchers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

wwdroid

Reaction score
Hi guys...I have a non-rooted Verizon Droid 4 running ICS...have been using Go Launcher for a few years (really like it, though I haven't tried any others in a long time)...in both Go Launcher AND Nova Launcher, I can NOT see the text next to widget icons (my screen is exactly as in the first post)...has anyone double-verified that Nova Launcher fixes this? On my Droid 4, it does not...and in any case, I'd rather stick with Go Launcher.

Anyone know of any other fixes for the missing text??

Thanks...

P.S. What is "Google Launcher"...is that just the stock launcher? I went to the Play Store, and all that comes up with "Google Launcher" is an app that appears to be a sort of glorified folder to organize various Good apps.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, with Nova you can see the text in the list of widgets. So far it is the only launcher I know of that has this ability. If you want to use Go Launcher, gliding your finger over the widget text will highlight it for you...not the best fix but at least you can see what widget it is.

wwdroid

Reaction score
Hmmmm....well, I have Nova installed right now and I do not see the text...weird.

Thanks...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hmm, may be a difference between the Razr and the D4 but that seems odd that it would work for one and not the other.