Widget Locker problem with chevy rom

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by wickedkae, Aug 25, 2010.

1. wickedkae

wickedkae Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So i run a cool little app called widget locker, which turns your lock screen into a widget paradise. Anyway, there may be a bug in this rom that is allowing the volume keys to wake up the phone when you are using this app. I have spoken to the dev of this app and he also reported several other people saying the same thing. I was wondering if anyone else that uses this app has noticed this issue and if they know of a fix. Or maybe chevy could shed some light into this issue.

2. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    You are correct, I also use WidgetLocker and the same thing happens. The camera button will also wake up the screen. The bug is in 4.7 and it is definitely related to the media control key feature that was added to the ROM (that needs to be confirmed but it is the only logical explanation and 99% likely). It also has affected the ability to use bluetooth headset media controls while the screen is off. This issue has been discussed. Chevy has actually ordered a BT music headset so he can test some things out.

Even when the media control button feature is disabled, these side effects are still there.

For now, I have set Widgetlockers screen timeout override to the minimum 10 seconds. I almost reverted back to 4.6 because of this issue, because I use my bluetooth headphones all the time, but I decided to hang on a while longer.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010