Widget adding in ICS has become...

ms4teacher

Reaction score
downright nasty. I've been trying to add a simple days left/count down for my vaca. But every time i download the widget it opens but it gives instructions on how to add it to your home screen with GB INSTRUCTIONS!! Honestly, I've liked ICS until now. GB was much more intuitive when it came to adding a widget to the screen...any one can guide a noob like me...btw i went to the all apps page and selected the widget tab but it doesn't appear...(I've tried with a few widgets already)

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

jtc303

Reaction score
downright nasty. I've been trying to add a simple days left/count down for my vaca. But every time i download the widget it opens but it gives instructions on how to add it to your home screen with GB INSTRUCTIONS!! Honestly, I've liked ICS until now. GB was much more intuitive when it came to adding a widget to the screen...any one can guide a noob like me...btw i went to the all apps page and selected the widget tab but it doesn't appear...(I've tried with a few widgets already)

Use a launcher

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hit the apps button (middle dock button) ... at the top you see "apps, downloaded, Widgets" your Widgets get added from there now.

Slide side to side til you find the widget, press and hold til your back on the home screen ...

If that don't happen then the app just isn't ICS friendly!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

OP
ms4teacher

ms4teacher

Reaction score
thaDroidz said:
Hit the apps button (middle dock button) ... at the top you see "apps, downloaded, Widgets" your Widgets get added from there now.

Slide side to side til you find the widget, press and hold til your back on the home screen ...

If that don't happen then the app just isn't ICS friendly!

I've done What you suggested but the widget it's not located in the "widgets" area. It's in the apps area. I think you're right though, it's not ICS friendly...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
ms4teacher said:
I've done What you suggested but the widget it's not located in the "widgets" area. It's in the apps area. I think you're right though, it's not ICS friendly...

What app is it?

OP
ms4teacher

ms4teacher

Reaction score
I just had to power off and on again...problem solved...thanks again...