Wide awake so I picked up the old Iphone 4..

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I'm laying here wide awake for whatever reason and I decided to pick up the old iPhone 4 That I got on release day way back in 2010 June 24th wow seems like ages ago.

Anyway me and dezymond were talking one day about the browser speed of the nexus and I told him I'd do some tests since I have both phones.

Just a little history. I was once a supreme iPhone buff. Have owned a iPhone since 2009, and to be honest with you I would probably not have came Android if the iPhone had put out a 5 instead of a 4s but that's another story in itself.

So as I stated earlier I still have the iPhone with at&t because I just don't want to cancel my contract just yet.. I have two phones simply because one is a business phone and the other (iPhone) is personal.

My business phone up until November 15th was a blackberry tour which served its purpose for 2 years and it was definitely time for an upgrade. But there was no way in the world that I was going to get an iPhone with my upgrade especially after I was so disappointed in the lack of differences between the 4 and the 4s. I have failed to mention I come from a big family of 8 or 9 of which all of them own a android device, and majority of them aren't into phones like I am. They persuaded me to come Android and I caved. My options had ran out. Blackberry wasn't an option anymore either so I was just waiting for the right time. The right device.

Here comes the razr. My first android experience. It was nice but the nexus was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, so I jumped ships again and got me a taste of some ice cream sandwich and haven't looked back since.

My iPhone barely gets any use out of me anymore. Aside for an app that I can't find in the market and my music which I already have sent up to the clouds in Google music.

So its only a matter of time....

OK back to the reason for the post... I used my iPhone so much it was always in my hands my wife would always comment about why its always there lol but now my nexus is Always there.. so when I picked up the iPhone I wanted to see If it would suck the battery down with heavy use and to my surprise yes it did..

I wanted to test YouTube and the browser speeds.

I opened a few apps, apps that I have on both phones and I quickly saw how much smoother and quicker the nexus opened these same apps.

I opened safari and opened browser on the gnex. The first 4 sites the iPhone won easily.. random sites (both phones connected to the same wifi) I said to my self something isn't right. So I cleared the cache and history on both devices and noticed I had 5 tabs open on the nex and I closed all those and started over and the nexus blew the iPhone away every time.

Next was YouTube. Again the iPhone started videos quicker. So I went to my settings and unchecked the load in HQ setting as the iPhone has no such feature, and once again the nexus wins again in a blowout fashion.

Sorry for the long rant just wanted to share a few things.

I'm happy with my choice to go android. The customization compared to apple aren't even close.

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
nice comparison & write up...

~it's not just a phone~

duyna

Reaction score
Aeesome , you won't be disappointed

Axiom 2.4 powered apex oc kernel 1.4 G-Nex a great combination

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nice comparison, though I wouldn't exactly call it fair. The iPhone 4 doesn't have a dualcore processor correct? That alone makes it an unfair comparison in my book and the Nexus should win everytime.

Great to hear you're enjoying your Nexus though

Reaction score
The 4s has a dual core but in the end Android still faster in all aspects. IPhone. Is nothing but a good paper weight now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Like dezy said. It's only single core. Still a good common phone vs. Common phone test. :) I'm not sure if I would even feel comfortable with 4s vs Nex, 700mhz vs 1.2ghz just doesn't seem fair! ;) But hey, supposedly it's top of the line! ;)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
You guys are right.

I guess it was more of new phone vs old phone.

Reaction score
Iv had the bionic vs the 4s i have only 3g here. The bionic still loaded faster then the 4s. They only use apple product where android is open to buy from other vendors. Android in the end is much better then iphone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You guys are right.

I guess it was more of new phone vs old phone.

Sort of. Still a very good review and I enjoyed reading it. Comparison just wasn't very fair imo.:)