wi-fi

ysrhael

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if this is the right category, if it isn't I'm really sorry, I'm new here...
I have a samsung galaxy 551, and I'd like to control MediaMonkey on my laptop with my phone (next music and such)... I've found a few apps that would do the job, though I need to connect my cellphone to the laptop through an wi-fi connection, and I don't know how to do that, could anyone help me?
P.S.: I do not use wi-fi on my laptop.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
ysrhael said:
Hello, I don't know if this is the right category, if it isn't I'm really sorry, I'm new here...
I have a samsung galaxy 551, and I'd like to control MediaMonkey on my laptop with my phone (next music and such)... I've found a few apps that would do the job, though I need to connect my cellphone to the laptop through an wi-fi connection, and I don't know how to do that, could anyone help me?
P.S.: I do not use wi-fi on my laptop.

Welcome to DroidForums ysrhael! I am not quite sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do. If you want to run your laptop off your phones data (4g or 3g), you can install foxfi from play store and it will allow you to tether your laptop. It works fine on my phone but not on all phones. If that doesn't work or if I misunderstood, let us know. There are other ways to tether and probably a way to accomplish what you hope to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
Y

ysrhael

Reaction score
I apologize for my lame explanation.
I want to use my cellphone as a controller, to control the music that's playing. There's an app called tunesremote+ on the play market that does that, though it asks to connect the cellphone to the laptop via wi-fi connection, and I don't know how to do that.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hmmm, I wonder if foxfi would do that. You will be connected to your laptop via your phones data. Your laptop does not have Wi-Fi, correct? Well, tethering your laptop to your phones data will give your laptop internet access. Maybe that is all it needs. I guess you could experiment to see if that will work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
Y

ysrhael

Reaction score
It does have wifi, but I don't use it to connect to the internet. Sorry if I got it wrong, but I don't need to tether the cellphone 3g internet... just use the cellphone as a remote controller. I will check the foxfi you mentioned.