Wi-Fi Speed Problems

altaf.wahid

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having some issues with slow Wi-Fi on my droid. I'm connected to my network on multiple computers throughout the house. When I do a mobile speed test on my phone through DSLReports.com, it registers my connection at 360 kbps. When I do a speed test (SpeakEasy.com) on my laptop, it registers me at 2.5 mbps (or 1.5 mbps when I use the same mobile speed test on my laptop). What's with the discrepancy? Is there some way to speed it up?

jasonb

Reaction score
using speedtest.com on my laptop i just got 14.78Mbps download and 2.09 upload.

using the speedtest app on my droid i just got 11.13Mbps download and 1.07 upload.

seems decent to me. i would try speedtest.com on your computer and then try the speedtest app on the droid.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
seems like you got a bad signal to your router. i recommend you set up your wifi on your droid again.

willmiller82

Reaction score
Kind of an old topic but i just ran into this problem after reloading 2.01 after nearly bricking my phone trying to get back from cyangenmod. Im still rooted but now my wireless runs extremely slow. Im connected and getting a pretty solid signal, my computer is running fine over the network so I'm pretty sure it isn't the router. It might take 3 minutes to load a webpage if the page loads at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dhinged

Reaction score

using the speedtest app on my droid i just got 11.13Mbps download and 1.07 upload.

seems decent to me. i would try speedtest.com on your computer and then try the speedtest app on the droid.

How the crap did you run speedtest.com on your Droid without cracking it? Droid 2.1 doesn't support Flash. If you're cracking it, I imagine you have other things on there that would allow a better result through Wi-Fi.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

How the crap did you run speedtest.com on your Droid without cracking it? Droid 2.1 doesn't support Flash. If you're cracking it, I imagine you have other things on there that would allow a better result through Wi-Fi.

Re-read what you quoted. Specifically this (emphasis added):
using the speedtest app on my droid

No flash needed. ;)

Last edited:

BumForALiving

Reaction score
I'm not seeing fast speeds as well.

Wifi laptop: 17.69mbs/3.76mbs, through speedtest.net
Wifi Droid: 954kbps/1098kbps, through the speedtest app.

I will say, I notices large ping delays, JUST to the router. Thought the laptop is 1ms, the Droid is almost 200ms at times. :icon_eek:

BumForALiving

Reaction score
Bluetooth interference??

For the heck of it, I turned off my bluetooth and ran the speed test again. Still not what I would expect but my test just did 2,895kbps/1101kbps

Over triple speed improvement!

dhinged

Reaction score
Bluetooth interference??

For the heck of it, I turned off my bluetooth and ran the speed test again. Still not what I would expect but my test just did 2,895kbps/1101kbps

Over triple speed improvement!

Hmm, no mine is always off. My Droid just seems to constantly disconnect like it's finicky or something.

CecilXavier

Reaction score
Similar problem

I am also having issues with my Droid X on wireless. I have it connected to the wireless here in my office. I set up a ping test to it too see what signal I am getting. I am seeing ping jumps from 2ms to 4000ms to request timed out. I do not have that many apps installed nor running on my phone. I have advanced task killer running and it auto kills most of the apps every 15 min. I am still getting a horrible connection. Any ideas what would cause this?

CecilXavier

Reaction score
Creepy

And if this isn't creepy. When I do a speed test from my phone using the speed test app my pings go to 2ms while it is testing.