Wi-fi scanning

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by I_TerraBull, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I_TerraBull

I_TerraBull New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that the wifi scans continuously. The first couple of days I used 6.1, I didn't bother turning on wifi. I turned on wifi a couple days ago and my battery life has been horrible since.

2. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What indication do you have that the WiFi was scanning continuously? Where on your task bar is it and what does it look like? The reason is that there is really nothing that would indicate that your Wifi is on and scanning. You'll get a notification that there are networks detected, and when you are connected to WiFi, but if you are getting a "scanning" icon, then it may be something else. There is a GPS icon, that looks like a little sattelite dish that flashes. Is this what you're seeing? That would indicate that some app is trying to acquire your location using GPS or other means.

3. I_TerraBull

I_TerraBull New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In wifi settings, the Wi-fi network list continuously updates. I also use an app called Wi-fi analyzer. There it shows it scanning all the time.

4. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't noticed any affect on battery from having the wifi searching all the time. Maybe Wifi Analyzer is sucking up your juice. Have you looked at your battery usage (Settings-Applications-Battery Usage) at the times when you think your battery drained fast?

Search tags for this page
,galaxy s3 constantly scanning wifi,galaxy s3 scanning for w
andoid continous scanning wifi
android continuous wifi scan
android stop wifi scanning
galaxy s3 keeps scanning for wifi
galaxy s3 scanning for wifi

galaxy s4 wifi keeps scanning

how to stop galaxy s3 from scanning for wifi
s4 keeps scanning for wifi
wifi scanning s3 icon