Wi-Fi-Only Motorola XOOM To Cost $539 At Sam’s Club?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Pretty sure they're going to connect perfectly fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
This is great news indeed. I hope Costco has similar pricing.

i hope so too...

for the wifi model. will it connect to our wifi tether on our phones ? or do we have to hack it as well like the 3g/4g version.

No need to root/hack it to tether, you will just need to have tether on your phone.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I'll buy one for 539, personally I think that is where it should be priced anyway...

jayman350

Reaction score
I am going to hold off on a tablet for a while if only to let the pricing come down to earth a little...although the nook color is going for 200 some places

swyped from my Droid using DroidForums App

Riley

Reaction score
I wonder when the wifi only models will be released? Doesn't the $800 non-contract Xooms have wifi?

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
Only Select Stores

I just called my local Sam's which happens to be about 20 miles from Wal-Mart/Sam's Home office and was told that only Sam's Clubs that do NOT carry the iPad and iPhone will carry the Moto Xoom. If your local Sam's Club carries the iPhone or iPad, you WILL NOT have it available. This SUCKS! Dunno if you'll be able to order from a different Sam's Club and have it shipped or not.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just called my local Sam's which happens to be about 20 miles from Wal-Mart/Sam's Home office and was told that only Sam's Clubs that do NOT carry the iPad and iPhone will carry the Moto Xoom. If your local Sam's Club carries the iPhone or iPad, you WILL NOT have it available. This SUCKS! Dunno if you'll be able to order from a different Sam's Club and have it shipped or not.

If this is true then perhaps those who want the XOOM, and maybe XOOM fans who aren't buying it, should tell their local Sams that they are not happy with this decision and if this is how they are going to treat their customers then we will not renew our memberships next period. Even if we don't mean it, it might make them think, unless they are under Apple's thumb. I do know that my local Sams only carries Apple MP3 players, so perhaps they are under Apple's thumb.

Kack

Reaction score
meh yeah i looked on samsclub website and it shows the locations that carry the ipad and the 3 nearest me carry the ipad. o well ill have to drive an extra 20 miles and get the xoom in april.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
So then, if I go to my local Sam's Club that has the Xoom, and I use a one-day pass, I'll be able to buy it for 540?

p.s. the one day pass I'm talking about is this one
http://samsclubanswercenter.custhel...6/1291229173/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkL0UqUW1nNm9r

You need to read the link that you posted. You will pay a 10% premium above the member $539 price, unless you live in one of the locations that prohibit it. It has been that way the 10+ years that I have been a Sams Club member.

hypura

Reaction score
So then, if I go to my local Sam's Club that has the Xoom, and I use a one-day pass, I'll be able to buy it for 540?

p.s. the one day pass I'm talking about is this one
http://samsclubanswercenter.custhel...6/1291229173/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkL0UqUW1nNm9r

You need to read the link that you posted. You will pay a 10% premium above the member $539 price, unless you live in one of the locations that prohibit it. It has been that way the 10+ years that I have been a Sams Club member.

I overlooked that, thanks.