Wi-fi issues

G O G U

Reaction score
I'm not able to stay connected with wi-fi, even when I'm one foot away from router. Every time when I try to go online I got disco and wi-fi is renewing the IP. Can somebody help me?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

born2golf

Reaction score
this is going to sound like a silly question, but it's not meant to be a joke.

Are you sure your connecting the router that is right in front of you?

I have many access points in my home and I can see numerous access points around me from my neighbors (some of which are unsecured). At any point in time I can see 8+ wireless networks (4 are my own) and I live in a pretty spacious suburb. This number is probably higher in denser communities. I have seen certain situations where my phone tried to connect to some other AP instead of the my own right next to my desk. When that was happening, it was trying to connect to my unsecured neighbor across the street and the signal was pretty weak causing it to continually disco.

OP
G O G U

G O G U

Reaction score
Well...it does sound like a silly question....:)
Yes...I am on the right one I have a very good connection with my pcs ...and I even changed the security key on router ...but still the same.

Djay

Reaction score
How many other devices are connected to your router?

OP
G O G U

G O G U

Reaction score
A laptop and a desktop...signal it's very very good....but who knows

Djay

Reaction score
try holding the reset button on router, and the turn your wifi on phone off and put phone in airplane mode for a minute, then try it again and see if it stays connected

Djay

Reaction score
and check system updates to make sure your up to date on device