1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wi-Fi Issue

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jigsawkilr, Dec 31, 2009.

1. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

OK, why is it when the phone is in Wi-Fi everything works except email? I can not send an email using wi-fi. Anyone else experienced this? I have tried with gmail and k9.
  2. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

That is weird... I just connected to my home WiFi network, loaded the eMail app, and sent myself an e-mail from my Comcast account to my GMail account. Not only did it send, it also received the new eMail on the GMail app... All on WiFi... And all in less than 60 seconds...

Maybe you need to reboot your phone? I'm really stumped -- eMail *should* work on WiFi...
  3. Ominous

Ominous New Member

I've been having that issue lately also. For some reason ever since the V tech walked me through a hard reboot I can't synch my gmail when I'm on wi-fi. I'm actually getting pretty upset with my phone. I was totally in love with Droid, but the last 2 weeks have been PAINFUL. :mad:
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Gmail works when I'm on Wifi, and Cox. Not Yahoo. Mind you, I'm using the wifi at work. I'd have to see if it works on other wifi networks. I could do less things at Borders, for example.
  5. kjrnec

kjrnec New Member