Wi-Fi calling notification

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My wife's S8 received an update this morning. Now there is this annoying Wi-Fi calling notification. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I searched online and none of the solutions I found worked. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is it in Settings > More? Probably different on a Sammy phone though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm not sure on Samsung.. On my LG I was able to get rid of it by long pressing the notification then picking uncategorized no sound or visual.. It got rid of the icon on status bar...

Another way is to just turn off wifi calling till you need it.... It's annoying for sure
8629d4ccebe7de17a231e12eafb6c04a.jpg
b803aa4a2b90d07d30622ed7f80bba2e.jpg

LG G7

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thanks guys. As soon as she gets home I'll try your ideas. The notification is to turn on and activate Wi-Fi calling. To turn it on I have to put in my address. I'm not crazy about doing that.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks guys. As soon as she gets home I'll try your ideas. The notification is to turn on and activate Wi-Fi calling. To turn it on I have to put in my address. I'm not crazy about doing that.
It's usually when you connect to your home Wi-Fi.. If you don't want to use it I'm thinking you can just turn off option.. I don't remember on Samsung unless it's different.. Let us know we can help further once you have phone to check...

LG G7

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I got it. The long press got me to the point where I got it off the notification bar. Then I went into system apps and unchecked everything and that got it off the drop down menu. Thanks for all your help guys.