Wi-Fi and 3G at the same time?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So I use my Droid X to supply my one and only computer with internet, don't have a home connection.

But there are so many things I can do if my computer and Droid were on the same Wi-Fi network, sync music wirelessly, extend my computer's desktop to my phone's screen (iDisplay) and of course DLNA.

So is there an app or something that'll keep my 3G connection active while my phone's connected to my computer via Ad-Hoc?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I use my Droid X to supply my one and only computer with internet, don't have a home connection.

But there are so many things I can do if my computer and Droid were on the same Wi-Fi network, sync music wirelessly, extend my computer's desktop to my phone's screen (iDisplay) and of course DLNA.

So is there an app or something that'll keep my 3G connection active while my phone's connected to my computer via Ad-Hoc?

No. There isn't.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well, that was blunt..... Can such an app be made?

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that was blunt..... Can such an app be made?

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

lol…sorry, I didn't know that I was "blunt." I wouldn't say anything is impossible but I certainly don't have the knowledge.

You're going to have to do something with tier coverage coming.

How about buying a router and getting some internet delivered?

There I go, being blunt again.:icon_ devil:

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
As much as I would love to get forced into a capped data plan just so I could use Wi-Fi, I do believe that even if 3G is capped (could just be 4G, no?) I would be grandfathered in to unlimited 3G.

Almost sounds like you're not quite okay with me tethering?...