Wi Fi & 4G issues

cbsstone872

Reaction score
Good evening all. I'm back with my RAZR Maxx HD after trying out the iPhone 5S for a few months. I'm back with Android for a reason. Anyways, I've noticed a couple 'issues' since I've upgraded to KitKat. Every once adn a while my WiFi will be on when hooked up to WiFi at home and my 4G will turn off. Is this a known issue or could it be something with just my phone? Other than that, things are werking very well on my phone & I've missed it for the while I was gone. Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I don't think it turns off per sae, just goes in stand by mode for any calls that may come in since WiFi can't deal with that. Mine kind of grays out if you will, but does not shut off when hooked up to WiFi.

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
Good evening all. I'm back with my RAZR Maxx HD after trying out the iPhone 5S for a few months. I'm back with Android for a reason. Anyways, I've noticed a couple 'issues' since I've upgraded to KitKat. Every once adn a while my WiFi will be on when hooked up to WiFi at home and my 4G will turn off. Is this a known issue or could it be something with just my phone? Other than that, things are werking very well on my phone & I've missed it for the while I was gone. Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris
Welcome back !! Iphone5S wasn't what its cracked up to be ?

pctdavis

Reaction score
Chris
Mine does the same thing. I'll be using it and sitting down, not moving. Boom, Wi-Fi and 4G disappear. 10 seconds later, comes back like nothing happened. This phone is quickly falling out of favor with me.

Battery getting worse, ear speaker sounds horrible now, dropped network, stttuuuuttttteeeerrrring.

pksopp

Reaction score
Chris

I have had WiFi turned off completed since the day after I upgraded to KK. No matter if I'm at home, work, wherever - WiFi will drop out within minutes of connecting and the phone will not download anything (not even over 4g) unless to i toggle airplane mode on and off every time i want to use the internet. So i just use 4g now. Problem sol.....avoided.

turbodave

Reaction score
That's odd, I haven't had a single problem with mine. It'll run WiFi or 4g, which ever I tell it to.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

OP
cbsstone872

cbsstone872

Reaction score
Like I said, the iPhone 5S didn't do what I needed for work and otherwise. In my status bar at the top of the display, the 4G or 3G will totally disapear & only the wavy WiFi remains. When this happens I cannot send or recieve texts or pic messages. I havet o go into my settings, turn airplaine mode on for a minute or two, then turn airplaine mode off then it comes back on. It didnt do this before KitKat.

turbodave

Reaction score
That was my point. I don't think KitKat is your problem. Sounds more like the phone needs to go in for warranty issues.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.