Why?

Duece

Reaction score
After hearing about GB for months I finally got it. Spent some time with it and learning about the changes. To me it seems like the prime system. Why is it that it hasn't been out for a month on the D2G yet, people are already talking about ICS? Idk this is my first DROID device so I guess I just have to get use to things moving so quick between updates.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
After hearing about GB for months I finally got it. Spent some time with it and learning about the changes. To me it seems like the prime system. Why is it that it hasn't been out for a month on the D2G yet, people are already talking about ICS? Idk this is my first DROID device so I guess I just have to get use to things moving so quick between updates.

There's a pretty simple answer! As soon as the new Android release from Google is made available, people want to know when it will come to their phone. (Well, actually they don't want to know when, they just want it NOW...) In this particular case, the GB release on the Droid 2 Global was very delayed, originally expected out in June, which was already late for some people. So now we have a brand-new to the phone, but old Android version, on the D2G. Note also that is GB 2.3.3, whereas some other phones have 2.3.4 with 2.3.5 available soon or now.

There are other threads on whether we will get an official ICS release. The phone has been replaced by the Droid 3 for keyboard/global concerns, and the Bionic/Razr etc for everything else. So we may need to continue to enjoy GB!

stillwaiting

Reaction score
There's a pretty simple answer! As soon as the new Android release from Google is made available, people want to know when it will come to their phone. (Well, actually they don't want to know when, they just want it NOW...) In this particular case, the GB release on the Droid 2 Global was very delayed, originally expected out in June, which was already late for some people. So now we have a brand-new to the phone, but old Android version, on the D2G. Note also that is GB 2.3.3, whereas some other phones have 2.3.4 with 2.3.5 available soon or now.

There are other threads on whether we will get an official ICS release. The phone has been replaced by the Droid 3 for keyboard/global concerns, and the Bionic/Razr etc for everything else. So we may need to continue to enjoy GB!

delayed and disappointing

donkeydroid

Reaction score
Try cm4d2g. 10/21 build is working great and fast. 2.3.7

vikramsingh

Reaction score

Same here. I was just beginning to enjoy my GB update, which I really liked but ICS is already all over the droid community right now. I agree GB update was massively delayed.

I sincerely hope Moto/VZW will like to compensate this by releasing ICS for D2G. Although I am not very optimistic on its chances.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
It might be “functional” but there are a few issues (like camera woes), and it's kind of half-broken for us GSM users, too.