Why?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by cdguylhs, Jun 27, 2011.

1. cdguylhs

cdguylhs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do you think so many tech places are killing the Droid Charge and saying how bad it is? I have had it for almost a week and I love the phone. I had a Droid X so I have some adjusting to get use to some features but I think it is a great phone. I haven't had any problems.

2. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably because all of the 4G phones on VZW do suck. I have the Charge and the frequent TOTAL loss of data, even though showing a nearly full set of bars, is annoying and truly a joke. I bought this phone for the 4G speed and when it gets it, it is fast. But to have frequent 'no connectivity' boxes popping up when the person next to me with a VZW 3G-only phone has no issues, well, something is wrong.

That's one of the reasons the phone gets knocked and to be fair, it may be as much a VZW 4G network issue as it is a hardware issue. However one poster said he spoke with VZW tech and they acknowledged the radio/antenna in the Charge is not as good as the 3G phones. Well golly, there's a surprise.

3. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    what are they saying? or provide a link plz.
    "stock" (obviously im not running stock lol) its annoyingly slower than my d2g, other than that i like it much better. batt life is about double screen is awesome. i cant think of anything i don't like or couldn't do that i wanted to.

4. JerseyFirefighter

Ratings:
    +3

I think some of the negative press is fostered by the low benchmarks it received in comparison to the Thunderbolt. One would think as each phone were to be released...their scores would be greater then their competition. But the charge was not only beaten by the TB, but a number of phones that were released long before them. It seems like a really nice looking phone, and only the tech savvy and benchmark obsessives would notice the differences.

5. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I am starting to think connectivity issues are a samsung problem. I say this because the fascinate has the same issue.

Also the processor isn't bad, but its slower than most 1ghz processors because it uses an old file system and is essentially underclocked. Also the ram is kind of low if you are a power user.

But it shouldn't be getting bashed as much as it is because its better than the revo and tb imo.

Sent from my fascinate

6. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rarely get any connection problems and I love this phone

Sent from my droid charge

7. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also have not had any problems

8. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm happy for you, but for the many of us with this issue, things aren't looking all too good.

9. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well when I lose connection I just either reset quick, turn off/on data, or switch to 3g only then back to 4g and that usually fixes it.

10. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    i've had the 3g drop out on me but it either comes right back or i just toggle the data on/off.

it ran smooth for me, replaced the launcher with Launcher Pro.

then I rooted it and ran the voodoo lag fix and it runs great. no lag and battery life good.

11. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Any GB ROMs for the Charge?

12. GSXRADDICT

GSXRADDICT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol charge is a step back between processor and RAM its a joke. The screen is the only positive aspect of the phone. If you have connectivity problems get LTE onoff from the market and use cdma auto prl or if you want 4G if you are in 4g I suggest LTE mode not the option to automatically do both.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

why did verzon recall droid charge